[ome-users] OME off to Paris!

Jason Swedlow j.r.swedlow at dundee.ac.uk
Sat Jun 22 19:07:57 BST 2013

Dear All-

OME is heading to Paris for the 8th Annual OME User's Meeting.  As in previous years, we are hosted by Spencer Shorte's team at the  Institut Pasteur (thanks!!!).

This year, we'll be announcing and demonstrating a number of new tools, capabilities and updates.  Among them:

n  The first beta release of Bio-Formats 5 and OMERO 5.  The short summary of what's in our latest work is now on the web site (https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/products/ome5), and the official release will be at the meeting.  These include OME's latest file access technology, OMERO.fs.

n  Demonstrations of the latest OMERO clients, that support OMERO.fs.

n  The announcement from the Imperial team of FLIMfit, a tool for analysis of fluorescence lifetime data, developed by the French and Dunsby labs (https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/products/partner/flimfit).

n  Announcement of the latest version of U-Track, from the Danuser Lab, which integrates with OMERO (http://lccb.hms.harvard.edu/software.html).

n  Announcement of the latest updates to OMERO.searcher, from the Murphy Lab (http://murphylab.web.cmu.edu/software/searcher/)

n  Latest examples of data publication and sharing with OMERO (e.g., http://www.lifesci.dundee.ac.uk/gre/staff/jason-swedlow)

n  Latest updates on integration with ImageJ2 from the LOCI group (http://loci.wisc.edu/software/imagej)

n  Presentation of the latest updates to the JCB DataViewer (http://jcb-dataviewer.rupress.org/), the world's first on-line scientific image publication system, based on OMERO and Bio-Formats.

... and much, much more!

The programme is on-line<https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/community/minutes/meetings/june-2013-paris-users-meeting/8th-annual-ome-users-meeting-june-2013-programme>.

As always, the presentations will be available on-line--  we'll post links where these can be found.

For June 23 - 26, we'll be focussed on the meeting, so responses to emails and the Forums might be a bit delayed.  We'll be in touch as soon as we can.

As always, thanks for your support.

Cheers,

Jason

Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression