[ome-users] Mirror before stitching?

Sam Lord sjlord at berkeley.edu
Wed Jun 19 17:29:37 BST 2013

Hi Curtis,

I've been having a lot of trouble getting the Fiji Grid/Collection Stitching plugin to operate how I want. I'm asking it to select positions from file and instructing it to use the image metadata. Here are some issues I've found:

-The color scheme does not import. Neither does some other metadata (e.g. pixel size).
-If I deselect "compute overlap," I would expect the plugin to simply place the tiles where the stage position in the metadata claims it is. Instead, the output seems to not include most of the images.
-When I do select "compute overlap," the images often aren't placed anywhere near the right locations. For instance, it will output an irregular shape, when the fused image should be a rectangle.

I'm sure some of these issues result from a non-perfect pixel calibration and the fact that I did not include any overlap in my tiles when acquiring them. However, the LOCI importer seems to not worry about that. Instead, it happy tiles my images. The only problem is that I can tell the images are flipped in the y direction.

Is there a way to "brainlessly" tile my images from metadata location AND flip y?

-Sam