[ome-users] [Software Feedback] MATLAB bfopen discards series names

Sebastien Besson s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Jun 14 08:51:33 BST 2013

Dear Allon and Curtis,

thanks for your feedback.
A pull request has been opened to integrate your changes suggestion in the bioformats repository - see https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/pull/557.

Cheers,
Sébastien

On 13 Jun 2013, at 19:52, Curtis Rueden wrote:

Hi Allon,

> The code you sent works with a minor modification: it is necessary to
> convert the name into a string using char().

Great, thanks for the information. Perhaps Sébastien (the primary bfopen maintainer) will integrate your changes.

One word of caution: it occurred to me after sending that code snippet that there may be a discrepancy between the Bio-Formats/Java 0-indexing and MATLAB's 1-based indices. Off the top of my head, I am not sure whether "getImageName(i)" should actually be "getImageName(i-1)" but would be worth double checking, just to be sure.

Regards,
Curtis