[ome-users] Nikon ND2 Time information

Kraft, Lewis James lewis.j.kraft at Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon Jun 10 17:07:00 BST 2013

Hi Curtis,

Thanks for the helpful advice.  I will account for this possibility in the future.

Melissa,

I would like to be notified automatically of any changes to the ticket.

Best,
Lewis

From: ctrueden.wisc at gmail.com [mailto:ctrueden.wisc at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Curtis Rueden
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2013 9:46 AM
To: Melissa Linkert
Cc: Kraft, Lewis James; OME-users ome-users at lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk
Subject: Re: [ome-users] Nikon ND2 Time information

Hi everyone,

One quick word of caution to Lewis and anyone else using the omeMeta.getPlane* methods.

> deltaT = double(omeMeta.getPlaneDeltaT(iSeries, iPlane));

The above call gets the DeltaT for Image #iSeries, Plane #iPlane. However, there is no explicit guarantee that that value corresponds to any particular (Z, C, T) coordinate triple. But you can check what the (Z, C, T) coordinates are for a given plane number using:

    omeMeta.getPlaneTheZ(iSeries, iPlane);
    omeMeta.getPlaneTheC(iSeries, iPlane));
    omeMeta.getPlaneTheT(iSeries, iPlane);

The IndexOutOfBoundsException happens if there is no Plane #iPlane in the metadata. You can determine that in advance using:

    omeMeta.getPlaneCount(iSeries);

There is a complete example of how to extract planar timings at:

    https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/blob/v4.4.8/components/bio-formats/utils/PrintTimestamps.java

It is in Java but the calls from MATLAB are analogous.

Regards,
Curtis