[ome-users] MATLAB bfopen image series metadata issue

Sebastien Besson s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Jul 24 11:09:38 BST 2013

Hi Thurston,

given a reader r, the way to retrieve the global metadata is:

r.getGlobalMetadata()

and the way to retrieve metadata per-series is:

r.setSeries(iSeries)
r.getSeriesMetadata()

I just tested bfopen() on a file where series metadata are expected to be different.
The function output resulted on non-identical hash tables.

Note however the way the series metadata is constructed is reader-specific.
In the current implementation of the DeltaVision reader, all series metadata are identical by construction.

If this is not the case and you are expecting different metadata per series, could you upload a sample file to:
http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload/

Cheers,
Sebastien