[ome-users] ZeissZVIReader help

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Feb 22 18:04:33 GMT 2013

Hi Peter,

(CC'ing the ome-users mailing list, as that is the best place to ask
Bio-Formats questions.)

> I am a .NET programmer at UC Davis.  I have a client with 3000+ zvi images with associated metadata in the author, comment and keywords fields.  I am looking for a method to process these files and extract the zvi image and thumbnail and display them, as well as extracting the needed metadata.
>
> I am not familiar with java, but I can learn.  IKVM.NET provides a framework that enables Java and .NET interoperability (http://www.ikvm.net).
>
> I'm wondering if you could share any code that does this or provide me any references.

If you haven't already, I would suggest reading this section of the
Bio-Formats documentation:

https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/bio-formats/developers/non-java-code.html

I don't have any direct experience with IKVM, unfortunately, but
hopefully that gives you a place to start.

Regards,
-Melissa