[ome-users] SQL Shell database initialisation - persmission issue, Windows 7 x64

Blazej Pindelski b.pindelski at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Feb 8 10:14:26 GMT 2013

> Dear list,

Hi Angelos,

> Yet again, I would need people's advice on some permission issue I encountered while trying to initialize the omero database. This is what I type in the SQL Shell, and the error I get:
>
> Server [localhost]:
> Database [postgres]: omero_database
> Port [5432]:
> Username [postgres]: omero_db_users
> Password for user omero_db_users:
> psql (9.2.2)
> WARNING: Console code page (437) differs from Windows code page (1252)
>          8-bit characters might not work correctly. See psql reference
>          page "Notes for Windows users" for details.
> Type "help" for help.
>
> omero_database=> \i C:\omero_dist\OMERO4.4__0.sql
> C:: Permission denied
> omero_database=>

That is one quirk of the psql shell on Windows. You'd have to use the forward slash ("/") as a path separator. So your command would look like this:

omero_database=> \i C:/omero_dist/OMERO4.4__0.sql

We have already an fixed version of the user docs that address this issue and the documentation will be soon updated.

> I tried to back trace the installation steps, in case I overlooked anything, but to my best knowledge, I could not see any deviations from the described procedure.
> I run the Shell as Administrator, but I got the same error again.
>
> Any insight on the matter is greatly appreciated!
>
> Thank you
> -A

Regards,
Blazej