[ome-users] SQL Shell database initialisation - persmission issue, Windows 7 x64

Angelos angelos.skodras at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 09:17:36 GMT 2013

Dear list,

Yet again, I would need people's advice on some permission issue I
encountered while trying to initialize the omero database. This is what
I type in the SQL Shell, and the error I get:

Server [localhost]:
Database [postgres]: omero_database
Port [5432]:
Username [postgres]: omero_db_users
Password for user omero_db_users:
psql (9.2.2)
WARNING: Console code page (437) differs from Windows code page (1252)
          8-bit characters might not work correctly. See psql reference
          page "Notes for Windows users" for details.
Type "help" for help.

omero_database=> \i C:\omero_dist\OMERO4.4__0.sql
C:: Permission denied
omero_database=>

I tried to back trace the installation steps, in case I overlooked
anything, but to my best knowledge, I could not see any deviations from
the described procedure.
I run the Shell as Administrator, but I got the same error again.

Any insight on the matter is greatly appreciated!

Thank you
-A