[ome-users] Bioformats

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Mon Feb 4 19:09:37 GMT 2013

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the feedback.  For the future, it is best to email the
ome-users mailing list (http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/community/mailing-lists, in CC), as that ensures a more timely reply.

> I was given your name as someone involved with Bioformats and the implementation of file import into ImageJ/OMERO. I have a multi-photon microscope from LaVision Biotec that generates files with the extension *.msr. Presently, import of these files into ImageJ is not supported by Bioformats. Is there any ongoing effort to change this situation, or has no-one expressed an interest in this file format, or has someone tried and failed?

We do have plans to support this format as noted here:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/8071

...but it has not yet been given a high priority as there has been very
little demand (and we only have one example file).

> Several of my users would be very happy if we could open these files in ImageJ. I can provide example files if that would help.

If you are able to provide a few example files, that would be very much
appreciated.  You can upload a .zip file containing the examples here:

http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload/

If that doesn't work, please let me know and I will send alternate
instructions.

Regards,
-Melissa