[ome-users] Hamamatsu export kCGErrorFailure

Joshua Ballanco jballanc at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Dec 3 11:03:58 GMT 2013

Hi Andreas,

(Sending this back to the list so that other’s can chime in…)

My apologies on assuming your were using Xgrid. In my past experience, I’ve only ever seen “Can’t connect to window server” errors on an Xserve in two situations: running a process as user “nobody” under Xgrid (or some other grid computing platform), or if your Xserve has no graphics processor. The second situation is unlikely, as most of the Intel Xserves shipped with an integrated Intel graphics processor, so even if you don’t have a discreet graphics card installed you would still have graphics capabilities.

That said, after discussing the issue with Melissa, this is all a moot point. The most recent version of Bio-Formats shouldn’t even touch the libraries that are causing your issues. So Melissa’s original assessment was correct: somehow you’re not running the most recent version of Bio-Formats. Try double-checking your binary path and make sure that “bfconvert -version” reports “5.0.0-beta1” as the Bio-Formats version.

Cheers,

Josh