[ome-users] Ventana Format

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Mon Dec 2 22:32:12 GMT 2013

Hi Mike,

> We are looking at how to view images from various formats. Not necessarily
> to edit anything but to just look at. We found the list of supported
> formats impressive:
> http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/bio-formats4/supported-formats.html
>
> But our first use case is images from a Ventana (i.e. Roche) system, which
> I don't see listed on the support format table (not even "not working" --
> it's simply not there).  Maybe Ventana uses another format, or maybe none
> of you have worked with it before.

No, Bio-Formats and OMERO do not currently support data from Ventana
systems.  We'd certainly be happy to investigate supporting that format,
though, if you are interested in sending one or more slides that can be
used for testing.

Smaller slides can be uploaded as Zip files to:

http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload/

If you are interested in sending larger slides (> 100 MB or so), please
let me know and I will send alternate upload instructions.

Regards,
-Melissa