[ome-users] Handling tiled images

Roger Leigh r.leigh at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Aug 9 10:57:50 BST 2013

Dear Robert,

These tickets are for generic support of multi-dimensional data, which
includes tiles.  For tiling, this is a general issue in how we currently
model tiles internally, as separate image series.  One way to support
them properly would be to add them as an additional dimension to XYZCT
as a field/site dimension.  However, there is also the issue of "sparse"
data lurking here as well, which we don't currently allow, in the case
where you have a differing number of tiles over time or z for example.

In order to support better tiling for CZI, this will require general
support adding first, and then updating the CZI reader to make use of
it.  This would be done for all readers supporting tiling when the
general support is added.

Regards,
Roger

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,