[ome-users] Thing we've got a bug with 4.4.3 - moving files from one owner/group to another.

Jake Carroll jake.carroll at uq.edu.au
Tue Sep 11 01:00:34 BST 2012

Hi,

I think we have a bug in 4.4.3, running on:

Linux omero 3.2.0-29-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 27 17:03:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
* ICE install is 3.4
* Backend omero storage is off a high performance 10GbE NFS host.
* 4 x vCore's
* 16GB of RAM.

It would appear that when a user attempts MOVE a file in the insight client into a different GROUP, a warning comes up, says (after trying to move the image for a few seconds), "Unable to move file". At this point, we go hunting in the location again, and the file is gone/deleted. We then login as the "super" or all powerful/all permitted user, and the file is not there either. Almost as if it's disappeared completely.

We're wondering if it's possible to recover the file that Omero seams to have eaten!

Kind of worried about this, given we'd like to use Omero as a production image and analysis system for large scale microscopy facilities!

Any logs you need, or duplication steps you'd like us to take – please let us know ASAP. We want to make this work as well as it can.

Thank you for your time.

--JC