[ome-users] Fwd: Problems installing OMERO.server-4.4.4 for Windows7 (32bits)

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Wed Oct 31 12:22:26 GMT 2012

On Oct 31, 2012, at 1:15 PM, Andrew King wrote:

> p.s. have you checked PostgreSQL service is running? as that was the other
> area I had to find a work around for when installing on win7

The log definitely shows issues with the database:

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: la autentificaci?n password fall? para el usuario ?db_user?

Can you access the database using psql? Can you show us the full command-line? Also, how have you configured the omero.db.* properties via bin\omero config?

Cheers,
~Josh.

> [...]
>> the Command Prompt is run as Administrator.
>>
>> It would be helpful if you could send over your Blitz-0.log file
>> (located under
>> 'C:\omero_dist\var\log').
>>
>> Thanks.
>> --
>> Blazej Pindelski
>> Software Developer
>> Open Microscopy Environment
>> http://www.openmicroscopy.org
>>
>> On 31 Oct 2012, at 09:29, UNAI LORENZO SIERRA wrote:
>>

>>> Hi everybody,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to install OMERO.server-4.4.4 on a Windows7, 32bits
>>> computer, and I'm having some problems.
>>>
>>> First of all, I installed the following components before starting
>>> the configuration of the database:
>>> - Java Development Kit 1.7
>>> - Python 2.6.6
>>> - pywin32-218.win32
>>> - postgresql-9.2.1-1-windows
>>> - Ice-3.4.2
>>>
>>> Then I followed the steps indicated in here:
>>>
> https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/sysadmins/windows/server-installation.html
>>>
>>> All the installation seems to be correct. But when I run the OMERO
>>> diagnostics script I get the following message:
>>>

>>> C:\omero_dist>bin\omero admin diagnostics
>>>
>>> ==============================
>>>
>>> OMERO Diagnostics 4.4.4-ice34-b3099

>>> Commands:   java -version                  1.7.0
>>> (C:\Windows\System32\java.E
>>> XE)
>>> Commands:   python -V                      2.6.6
>>> (C:\Python26\python.EXE)
>>> Commands:   icegridnode --version          3.4.2     (C:\Program
>>> Files\ZeroC\Ice
>>> -3.4.2\bin\icegridnode.EXE)
>>> Commands:   icegridadmin --version         3.4.2     (C:\Program
>>> Files\ZeroC\Ice
>>> -3.4.2\bin\icegridadmin.EXE)
>>> Commands:   psql --version                 not found
>>>
>>> Server:     icegridnode                    not started
>>>
>>> Log dir:    C:\omero_dist\var\log          exists
>>>
>>> Log files:  Blitz-0.log                    31.0 KB       errors=2
>>> warnings=3
>>>
>>> Log files:  DropBox.log                    7.0 KB        errors=10
>>> warnings=5
>>>
>>> Log files:  FileServer.log                 1.0 KB
>>> Log files:  Indexer-0.log                  237.0 KB      errors=10
>>> warnings=15
>>>
>>> Log files:  MonitorServer.log              1.0 KB
>>> Log files:  OMEROweb.log                   85.0 KB       errors=24
>>> warnings=0
>>>
>>> Log files:  OMEROweb_request.log           0.0 KB
>>> Log files:  PixelData-0.log                237.0 KB      errors=10
>>> warnings=15
>>>
>>> Log files:  Processor-0.log                75.0 KB       errors=20
>>> warnings=40
>>>
>>> Log files:  Tables-0.log                   n/a
>>> Log files:  TestDropBox.log                n/a
>>> Log files:  master.err                     0.0 KB
>>> Log files:  master.out                     0.0 KB
>>> Log files:  Total size                     0.68 MB

>>> Environment:OMERO_NODE=(unset)
>>> Environment:OMERO_MASTER=(unset)
>>>
> Environment:PATH=C:\Python26;C:\Windows\System32;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowe
>>> rShell\v1.0;C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe;C:\Program
> Files\ZeroC\Ice-3.4.2\bin
>>> Environment:ICE_HOME=(unset)
>>> Environment:LD_LIBRARY_PATH=(unset)