[ome-users] Large SVS file convertion problem

Jianjiong Gao jianjiong.gao at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 20:26:12 BST 2012

Hello,

First of all, thanks for maintaining such a great resource!

Lately, I am using the Bio-Formats/bfconvert to convert SVS to JPEG.
Some of the SVS files are really big and I got the follow exception:

Exception in thread "main" loci.formats.FormatException: Image plane
too large. Only 2GB of data can be extracted at one time. You can
workaround the problem by opening the plane in tiles; for further
details, see: http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/faq/bio-formats/i-see-an-outofmemory-or-negativearraysize-error-message-when-attempting-to-open-an-svs-or-jpeg-2000-file.-what-does-this-mean

Is there any easy solution for this problem? Do I have to crop a large
image into smaller pieces first? Is there any way to stitch them
together after converting?

Thank you!
-JJ