[ome-users] cell sens dimension tiff metadata

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Nov 27 23:49:41 GMT 2012

Hi Russell,

> I have an honours student with 100s of tiff files taken using
> CellsSens Dimension software:
> http://www.olympusamerica.com/seg_section/product.asp?product=1070&p=247&sub=28&c=18
>
> We would like to tabulate some of the metadata associated with the
> images. Any chance Bio-Formats can be updated to include pulling the
> metadata from the file?  I'm particularly interested in length/width
> calibration information as well as the exposure value.  I'm posting
> a sample TIFF file here:
> http://people.stfx.ca/rwyeth/downloads/research/sample.tif

Thank you for the report, and for making a file available.  I definitely
see that the physical size information is missing as cellSens Viewer
shows that it should be 354.4 µm x 266.8 µm - we'll work on fixing that
for the next version of Bio-Formats.

However, I don't see the exposure time in cellSens Viewer.  Do you know
what the correct value is for this file?

Regards,
-Melissa