[ome-users] [Software Feedback] opening Olympus APL file

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Tue Nov 27 20:48:42 GMT 2012

Hi Clare,

> What boxes do i check to open the database?

Bio-Formats will parse metadata from the database and store it in a simple
table of key/value pairs known as the "original metadata" table. To see
this table, check the "Display metadata" option, or run "Image > Show Info"
from the menu after loading your image(s).

Bio-Formats also standardizes applicable metadata to the OME standard. Not
all information will be standardized; only those things that have a place
in the standard will be converted. To see the information in this
standardized form, check the "Display OME-XML metadata" option.

For more about Bio-Formats metadata handling, see:
    https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/bio-formats/about.html

> Finally, is there a way to go from opening the database to opening a
> particular image series (experiment)?

After clicking OK to the first dialog, Bio-Formats will present you with
another dialog titled "Bio-Formats Series Options" in the event of multiple
image series being detected (if there is only one series, it will simply
open it). Using this second dialog box, you can select whichever series you
wish to be opened.

Alternately, if you want them all to be opened, you can check the "Open all
series" option on the first "Bio-Formats Import Options" dialog to bypass
the second dialog box.

If Bio-Formats is missing metadata, or not reading your image pixels and/or
series correctly, please let us know and we will be happy to investigate
the issue.

Regards,
Curtis