[ome-users] ATOM and OMERO

Zoltan Cseresnyes zcseresn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 15:10:54 GMT 2012

Hi Everyone

Does anyone know if the ATOM project was stopped, or perhaps replaced by
another similar tool?  Back then 2 years ago Oliver Müller did this, not
sure where he now is (the Saarbrücken link shows him as "former"
researcher).
  Basically we would like a tool that automatically uploads images from a
specific folder on a microscope computer to a data set in OMERO, as soon as
there are new file(s) in that folder (ATOM was able to monitor a folder and
upload the new images as soon as they appeared).  The idea is to use this
method to automate the system check analysis (QA) of a core facility.
  This worked for us with ATOM and OMERO 4.3, but now with 4.4 it does
not.  In the logfile of ATOM, it shows that ATOM is still looking for the
4.3 Omero version.  We tried to replace the outdated files inside the ATOM
JAR file, and now it uses the correct version of Omero and Bioformats, but
still can't connect to the Omero server.  I suspect that there are other
outdated or incompatible components now in the ATOM JAR file.
  Any hint as to how to go from here will be appreciated!  Many thanks,

Zoltan

--

Dr. Zoltan Cseresnyes
JIMI (Joint Intravital MIcroscopy and Imaging)
e-mail: zoltan.cseresnyes at drfz.de