[ome-users] omero server 4.4 installation problem on mac OSX 10.7.5

Sebastien Besson s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 12:27:23 GMT 2012

Hi Oscar,

On 14 Nov 2012, at 17:31, Oscar wrote:

Hi Sebastien,

I have cleaned up my path a little bit and moved /usr/local/bin to the front. Now it is as follows:
/usr/local/bin:/Library/Java/Home/bin:/Library/Java/Home/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/X11/bin:/usr/X11/bin

However the "you must brew install git" error didn't go away when I did "brew install omero".

OK, git may be installed then not properly linked then. Can you run `brew link git`?
And show me the output of `brew info git`?

Also I am confused when you say that I should remove paths related to ice from DYLD_LIBRARYPATH, because the official walkthrough I was following suggests doing the following:

export BREW_DIR=$(brew --prefix)
export ICE_CONFIG=$(brew --prefix omero)/etc/ice.config
export ICE_HOME=$(brew --prefix zeroc-ice33)
export PYTHONPATH=$(brew --prefix omero)/lib/python:$ICE_HOME/python

export PATH=$BREW_DIR/bin:$BREW_DIR/sbin:/usr/local/lib/node_modules:$ICE_HOME/bin:$PATH
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ICE_HOME/lib:$ICE_HOME/python:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

Should these environment variables set after brew install omero or before? In the walkthrough, the configuration comes after the omero installation step.

They shouldn't be needed for the OMERO installation per se.  For instance
https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/blob/develop/docs/hudson/OMERO-homebrew-install.sh
shows the list of steps we use to regularly test the Homebrew installation.

I have linked the python that was installed by brew in /usr/local/opt/zeroc-ice33/python. When I tried to import Ice, it crashed again (version mismatch).

How did you install Ice-3.3? Looks like this is not the Homebrew installed zeroc-ice33.
Which binaries did you use? Did you just put them in /usr/local or are there additional
steps?

Sebastien

Oscar