[ome-users] omero server 4.4 installation problem on mac OSX 10.7.5

Oscar nasridine at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 17:31:11 GMT 2012

Hi Sebastien,

I have cleaned up my path a little bit and moved /usr/local/bin to the
front. Now it is as follows:
/usr/local/bin:/Library/Java/Home/bin:/Library/Java/Home/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/X11/bin:/usr/X11/bin

However the "you must brew install git" error didn't go away when I did
"brew install omero".

Also I am confused when you say that I should remove paths related to ice
from DYLD_LIBRARYPATH, because the official walkthrough I was following
suggests doing the following:

export BREW_DIR=$(brew --prefix)
export ICE_CONFIG=$(brew --prefix omero)/etc/ice.config
export ICE_HOME=$(brew --prefix zeroc-ice33)
export PYTHONPATH=$(brew --prefix omero)/lib/python:$ICE_HOME/python

export PATH=$BREW_DIR/bin:$BREW_DIR/sbin:/usr/local/lib/node_modules:$ICE_HOME/bin:$PATH
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ICE_HOME/lib:$ICE_HOME/python:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

Should these environment variables set after brew install omero or before?
In the walkthrough, the configuration comes after the omero installation
step.

I have linked the python that was installed by brew in
/usr/local/opt/zeroc-ice33/python. When I tried to import Ice, it crashed
again (version mismatch).

Oscar