[ome-users] help with custom importer

Roy Wollman rwollman at ucsd.edu
Sun Nov 4 21:26:22 GMT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to write a simple custom importer which is essentially
a wrap around the linux command line importer. My goal is to make sure that
projects / dataset exist and create them if not.

Therefore I am trying figure out how to:
1. query omero to:  see if the project / dataset exist, if they do get the
dataset id.
2. if they do not exist, create new ones, link them, and get the datasetid.
3. Link the dataset id to the experiment id I got from the image metadata.

At this point I should be able to parse a call for the importer-cli that
does everything I want to achieve.

I got lost in the OMERO api... if I understand correctly, I need to somehow
ask whether the project / dataset exist using the iQuery service and
potentially create new in the IContainer api. I couldn't figure out how to
link my Experiment ID to a dataset.

I am currently using the matlab api which is easiest for me... the plan is
to rewrite it in java once I figure out what I'm doing and then move to a
more elegant solution than system calls to importer-cli...

I would really appreciate any pointers that could help me achieve the above
three simple operations.

Thanks!

Roy

--