[ome-users] Storing gene information as annotation data with a well in a screen

Dr. Juergen helmers juergen.helmers at gmail.com
Wed May 9 10:55:52 BST 2012

Hi,

I am working on a system that allows users to combine image data from an
Andor as well as an metaXpress system with gene annotation data, like
gene name, different database IDs and such.

What is the best way to add this gene annotation data to an OME-XML
structure?

I could use the Reagents tag and the Reagents external identifier. That
wouls all ow any one to get the annotation data from my external
database but I can only store a Reagent name and would have to skip all
the other information...

I found a screen-cast about adding annotation data from a CSV file to
Omero.tables but neither do I find documentation on this nor do I have
access to the python script used to do that. In addition the annotation
would not be with the image file and only exist inside of Omero.

I could simply write my own XML structure to store my information which
would be in every files header but would not be imported into Omero.

Any suggestions to do this? Quick and dirty is better than cool and
complicated as I have a rather looming deadline approaching...

Thanks for any suggestions.

Juergen

--
*Dr. Jürgen Helmers*