[ome-users] Andor tif data to OME-tif conversion

Andrew Patterson ajpatterson at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Mar 8 15:12:12 GMT 2012

Hi Juergen,

I think the problem might be 'convert'. I have the vague memory that it only works for certain bit depths of TIFF file.

Try using 'tiffcomment' from the Bio-Formats tools.

Usage:
tiffcomment [-set comment] [-edit] file1 [file2 ...]

If using the '-set' option, the new TIFF comment must be specified.
The commment may take any of the following forms:

  * the text of the comment, e.g. 'new comment!'
  * the name of the file containing the text of the comment, e.g. 'file.xml'
  * '-', to enter the comment using stdin.  Entering a blank line will
    terminate reading from stdin.

So:
> convert -comment "@header_info.txt" test.tif test_new.tif
would become something like:
> cp test.tif test_new.tif
> tiffcomment -set 'header_info.txt' test_new.tif

Hope this helps,

Andrew