[ome-users] Omero ldap rights

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Thu Jun 28 08:13:00 BST 2012

Hi Jason,

On Jun 28, 2012, at 1:25 AM, Jason Byars wrote:

> I have a OMERO 4.3.4 setup querying an AD ldap source.  The users and
> groups appear to be assigning correctly.  What I am a bit unclear on is how
> the concept of group ownership and administrator rights works with ldap.
> All users are listed but not selected as owners on the web interface
> initially.

There's currently no support for group-ownership synchronization from LDAP groups.
This will most likely take place as part of 6502:

  https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/6502

> If I assign group owners on the web interface it doesn't seem
> to stick.  If I do it from the Insight client, it appears to stick. Are you
> supposed to manually assign group ownership and Administrator rights with
> the Insight client when using ldap?

There should be no difference between the two clients (web/insight). Could you possibly send us the server log (var/log/Blitz-0.log) after you attempt to do it in web?

> Also, is there an easy query to purge
> ldap group naming mistakes from the database?  Some mistakes I can delete
> via Insight, some I can't.  Thanks!

What do you mean by 'ldap group naming' mistakes? Do you mean removing users from certain groups? Or changing the name of existing groups?

> Jason

Cheers,
~Josh