[ome-users] incell import and plate ids

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Jun 15 15:35:47 BST 2012

Hi Rajarshi,

> > > 1. In the hierarchy,what does H1050234 refer to? is this plate
> > identifier?
> > > I'm particularly interested in programmatic access to images via the Java
> > > API and so I'd need to know whether this is the actual plate identifier.
> >
> > That is the plate name ("label" in InCell terms), and not a unique plate
> > identifier.
> >

> Is the unique plate identifier something that can be set at import time? Or
> is this generated by OME as an internal unique identifier?

The unique ID is created internally by OMERO.

> > > 2. What does 'Plate 2' refer to? is it simply the second plate imported?
> > Is
> > > it possible to have another entry under the 'H1050234' level?
> >
> > I believe that "Plate 2" would be a user-chosen name at import time, but
> > someone else can correct me if I am mistaken.
> >

> That wasn't the case when I did the import via OMERO.Importer (running on
> Windows). I was only asked to specify the project to import into
>
> But it appears that the OME data model differentiates between the plate
> label ('H1050234') and plate name ("Plate 2"). Is it possible that under
> the plate label I could have multiple plate names? I assume that since the
> OME client displays a hierarchy that there is some relationship between the
> two (?)

Ah, OK, my mistake.  Then "Plate 2" is likely the name of the
PlateAcquisition; as explained here:

http://www.openmicroscopy.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1182

...PlateAcquisition is one level lower in the hierarchy than Plate, and
there can be multiple PlateAcquisitions underneath a single Plate
(although in practice, this is not common).

Regards,
-Melissa