[ome-users] Problem with big images

harri.jaalinoja at helsinki.fi harri.jaalinoja at helsinki.fi
Fri Jun 15 09:26:39 BST 2012

Hi Josh,

> can you also show me the definition of the configuration table:
>
> omero=# \d configuration
>         Table "public.configuration"
>  Column |          Type          | Modifiers
> --------+------------------------+-----------
>  name   | character varying(255) | not null
>  value  | text                   |
>     "configuration_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (name)

[omero at lmu-omero2 ~]$ psql -h localhost -U omero omero
Password for user omero:
psql (9.1.4)
Type "help" for help.

omero=> \d configuration
         Table "public.configuration"
  Column |          Type          | Modifiers
--------+------------------------+-----------
  name   | character varying(255) | not null
  value  | text                   |

omero=>

> In my DB, "name" is a unique primary key, but you have two values
> that are identical. In fact, if I try to load in your values to my
> DB I get this:
>
> psql:/tmp/config.sql:5: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique
> constraint "configuration_pkey"
> DETAIL:  Key (name)=(pixelDataEventLogLoader.v1.current_id) already exists.

It seems somehow the primary key constraint is missing from my db, if
it is supposed to show up as an index like in your example. How it
could have gone missing I have no idea.

This is from the SQL script that originally was used to create the database:
[omero at lmu-omero2 OMERO.server-Beta-4.3.3]$ grep -i configuration
OMERO4.3__0.sql
create table configuration ( name varchar(255) primary key, value text );

So to fix this in place, it might be enough to first remove the
offending entry (with value -1) from the 'configuration' table, and
then add the primary key constraint?

Cheers,
Harri