[ome-users] ImageJ plugin in 4.4-RC2

Harri Jäälinoja harri.jaalinoja at helsinki.fi
Thu Jul 12 13:13:52 BST 2012

Hi Will,

> When you double click an Image in the Insight ImageJ plugin, the image opens in ImageJ, so you can do your usual analysis etc.
>
> I believe the idea of including Insight in the plugin is that developers have access to the OMERO Java Gateway code, and users have a better experience of browsing & managing their images, but still have Image for analysis etc.

thanks, this also works. This is what I expected, just have to know to
double-click. It was quite slow on this computer, though, but eventually
the image appeared.

I think this is very good for developing and testing an image analysis
routine, it's nice to browse in OMERO for test material. But if I then
want to apply the same routine to all images in a dataset, it's
cumbersome to click them one by one. I guess that's where KNIME can be
useful. In fact I tried KNIME just a while ago, but I didn't find the
OMERO nodes. Have to write to the KNIME forum about that, unless they
are keeping an eye on this list as well :)

Cheers,
Harri