[ome-users] Initializing a movie without loading to mem

Guy Blanchard gb288 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 10 14:32:40 BST 2012

Hi,
From IDL, I'm using your FileStitcher which is working well to identify the FilePattern of groups of images, and then accessing specific images thereafter is all good.

However, 'FileStitcher->SetId, filename' will never work for some applications where I have too many images to open at any one time (whole series is 70Gb+).
Is it possible to initialise the image series with FileStitcher without loading any images, or only a necessary subset?

I couldn't find any class methods that would do the job, and documentation that you point to on your website didn't seem as far as I could see to address this. Sorry if I missed it.

Of your Memory Management options, these seem the kind of thing, but I can't see how I can implement them with or combine with FileStitcher.
	• Crop the view area
	• Open only a subset of images
	• Use Virtual Stack

Any help gratefully received.
Many thanks,
Guy

Dr Guy Blanchard
Department of Physiology, Development & Neuroscience
University of Cambridge
Cambridge CB2 3DY
UK
gb288 at cam.ac.uk