[ome-users] Testing an OMERO installation

harri.jaalinoja at helsinki.fi harri.jaalinoja at helsinki.fi
Thu Jul 5 14:18:28 BST 2012

Quoting "Chris MacLeod" <ckm at glencoesoftware.com>:
> We verify the pieces starting with the database and move outward.
> In our monitoring system we monitor postgres (as an application),
> then the OMERO database in specific (size, sessions, etc).  Then
> basic process checks on the OMERO side.  Is the java process
> running, are

Hi Chris,

this sounds exactly like what we need. How do you implement this in
practice? What monitoring system do you use? I don't know what they
use in our IT department in general, but definitely it would be very
useful to have our OMERO monitored in their standard way.

Would you be willing to share any scripts etc. where the checks you
mentioned are implemented in practice? That way I wouldn't have to try
(and possibly fail) to reinvent the wheel.

Regards,
Harri