[ome-users] Fwd: OMERO.server4.4.4 Settings Configuration (Could not import omero.cli! No module named Ice)

Kenneth Gillen k.h.gillen at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Dec 7 13:57:26 GMT 2012

Dear Unai,

We are not able to successfully install OMERO with the omero_dist
directory on a network share on another machine with mapped drives in
Windows. There are many issues that could be affecting you here, including
for example although you have added NetworkService permissions into the
mapped drive, the drive mappings themselves are not normally persistent
across all users on the machine (e.g. LocalService may not even be able to
see the mappings). Then there is the issue of the local LocalService user
not having credentials on the remote server which is hosting the share
which you are mapping containing omero_dist.

We recommend against this installation configuration - in preference we
would recommend that you install omero_dist on a local drive if possible,
e.g. C:\ - this would avoid several problems that we have encountered with
installing omero_dist on mapped drives.

Best regards,

Kenny

Kenneth Gillen
OME System Administrator

Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street