[ome-users] importing HCS data as a screen

Dr. Juergen helmers juergen.helmers at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 10:34:55 BST 2012

On 03/26/2012 07:20 PM, Melissa Linkert wrote:
> Hi Jürgen,
>
> My apologies for taking so long to reply.
>
>> I have the latest stable release of Omero running, so that would be 4.3.4
>> and I did try insight and importer from the latest client package which is
>> 4.3.3.
>> I have hit that reload button many times and also very hard but the images
>> do not show up anywhere but in the the images history tab under "today"
>> having no association with a screen or a project, even I told the importer
>> to make them part of an existing screen or project.
> I tested again just now with OMERO.server 4.3.4, OMERO.insight 4.3.3, and the
> attached OME-TIFF file (which is just your original XML with two planes of
> artificial data that match the specified dimensions).
>
> Importing this file into Insight with the location set to "Screen" does
> work for me, and the attached screenshot shows what I see under the
> screens tab (be sure to double-click on the plate acquisition as
> highlighted).
>
> If you import the attached OME-TIFF file in that fashion, do you see the
> same problem?  If not (and the same exact workflow does not work with
> your files), then it might be time to send one of the actual OME-TIFF
> datasets so that we can debug more thoroughly.  I'm sorry to not have
> anything more conclusive at this point.
>
> Regards,
> -Melissa

Hi Melissa,

sorry as well for taking even longer. I was busy with other things and
did not have access to the Omero server in South Africa to run my tests.

I was able to import your test tiff file just fine. It does indeed
import into a new screen and shows up as expected, well almost :-)

As a matter of fact it does show up twice when imported. Firstly in the
screen indicated as target by me ("test") but a second screen is
generated automatically ("new004"). Both screens did not exist before
and have the same time-stamp. This would result in data duplication
which on larger data-sets would be annoying...

new004 of course is the screen specified in the OME-XML header in the
test file. If I specify "new004" as the target screen in the importer
GUI the screen is created twice as well. Only if I do not indicate a
target screen at all in the importer GUI, a single new004 screen is
created. Not very intuitive and/or user friendly... but I can live with
it as I plan to assemble a complete OME-XML header structure before
importing anyway...

I will try to craft me screen layout around the OME-XML header in your
test file to achieve the import of my files and keep you posted on how I
proceed.

Thanks for your support and help!

Best
Juergen