[ome-users] BioFormat problem with some BioRad .1sc files

Geert Meesen Geert.Meesen at UGent.be
Mon Apr 23 14:18:08 BST 2012

Hi all,

I noticed a problem with the Bio-Formats library while reading BioRad
.1sc files (for the GelDoc system).

Some files are misinterpreted and show the wrong result. Most files
however are correct.

This is the setting :

- BioFormat "Trunk build" from 20 april 2012
- ImageJ 1.46j (Fiji distribution)
- Java 1.6.0_24 (32 bit)
- Windows XP (32 bit)

All files in full resolution can be found in this zip file =

http://www.MolecularBiotechnology.UGent.be/files/biorad-1sc.zip

It contains the following files :

- good example1.1sc = the original .1sc file showing an example that
imports ok in Bio-Formats

- good example1.1sc.jpg = the jpeg version of the above file, saved with
ImageJ

- bad example1.1sc = the original .1sc file showing an example that
imports bad in Bio-Formats

- bad example1.1sc.jpg = the jpeg version of the above file, saved with
ImageJ

- bad example1.jpg = the jpeg version of the .1sc file, saved by
"Quantity One" (the BioRad software).

The imagesize is 1360 x 1024

(as a quick guide, I added the "good" version and the "bad" version of
the "bad example" file to this E-mail in reduced format. The full-size
images are in the zip-file).

The 2 BioRad files are taken with the same machine on the same computer
and most of the times the conversion is perfect. Just some files give
this error.

I get the same result when running it on a Linux system.

Thanks in advance if anybody of you can shed a light on this error.

Bye,

Geert.

--
Geert Meesen.