[ome-users] Compile BF-ITK-pipe on Windows

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Fri Apr 13 19:12:21 BST 2012

Hi Joe,

I am using Visual studio 2008 and trying to generate a 64bit plugin.
> The errors I receive are missing functions such as 'pipe', 'write', and
> 'close'.

While we have not seen such compile errors per se, Windows support is
definitely the least well tested. We have historically had a lot of
difficulty getting the Bio-Formats ITK plugin (all three iterations of it,
not just the pipes version) working in Windows at all. So it is not too
surprising that it is not working for you now.

Just want to ask that is there anybody fixing those errors already
> before I go ahead and do it myself.

As of this writing, no one is actively working on BF-ITK. Any patches are
very welcome!

If you do decide to investigate further and have any questions about it,
please do not hesitate to ask!

Regards,
Curtis