[ome-users] unusual problem with file import

Martin Spitaler m.spitaler at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 17:32:06 BST 2011

Hi,

  I'm having an unusual problem with a file import. I'm having pretty
simple 48-bit RGB TIFF images generated with Hamamatsu SimplePCI, the
import seems to be ok and doesn't produce any error message, the
metadata are visible, but no thumbnail is created, and I can't see it in
INSIGHT or web. When trying to view it, I get an error message "Cannot
start the Rendering Engine. Image not ready..." (INSIGHT) or "A pyramid
of zoom levels is currently being calculated for this image. Please try
viewing again later" (WEB).

  The images are small, just 1000x1000, single frame, two channels. It
is related to the format though, importing other TIFFs is fine. They
also open fine in ImageJ via Bioformats importer.

  An example is at
<https://fileexchange.imperial.ac.uk/files/474c4dbfaf6/CMV-001.tif>

Martin

Martin Spitaler, PhD

FILM - Facility for Imaging by Light Microscopy
- Facility Manager -
Sir Alexander Fleming Building, desk 401
Imperial College London / South Kensington
Exhibition Road
London SW7 2AZ
UK

Tel. +44-(0)20-759-42023