[ome-users] Moving data between groups

Woodbridge, Mark R m.woodbridge at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jul 11 14:12:04 BST 2011

Hi,

We have a few users who have a default group called 'default' which is private. We would like to move these users to more appropriate groups, which are typically named after their supervisor and are 'Collaborative - read-only'. This is in order to encourage collaboration, for accounting purposes, and to handle the case where a user moves between groups. Is this possible? I don't mind if it involves SQL as it won't happen very often.

I have tried changing the group of a test user using WebAdmin but their data seems to disappear i.e. it doesn't follow them to the new group (though it can be retrieved by re-adding them to the previous group).

Mark.