[ome-users] Files duplicated in .lif DropBox import

Will Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Fri Jan 14 14:10:37 GMT 2011

Hi Harri,

Colin (the drop-box guy) is away this week, but in the meantime...

  This sounds like it might be related to the way that BioFormats
tries to understand multi-image file formats.
For example, if you use the importer to choose a single image from a
multi-image format (E.g. a single LSM file from a .mdb collection)
then BioFormats works out that this image is part of a larger set and
attempts to import all the images. If you choose E.g. 2 LSMs that are
part of the same collection, then all the images in the collection
would get imported twice.
We have a ticket to address this issue:
http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/ticket/3701

However, that shouldn't be a problem with LIF files, since everything
is in one file, right?
It could be something else that is causing duplicate imports.

One thing you could try:
If you have a lif file that has more than 2 images, do you get a
corresponding multiplication of the imports?
E.g. Does a lif file with 3 images result in each image being imported
3 times??

This would help us narrow the problem down a bit, at least until Colin
is back,

  Thanks,

  	Will.

On 14 Jan 2011, at 12:01, Harri Jäälinoja wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I noticed that when I imported a big .lif file that contained a
> stack and a single image, both of these were duplicated in the OMERO
> server. I see both of them twice in the OMERO.insight and in /OMERO/
> Pixels.
>
> The duplication did not happen when I imported a .lif that contained
> only one stack. These two are the only imports I have done so far,
> so I don't know if the file content is the key.
>
> Where should I look to figure out why the data was saved twice in
> the first case?
>
> Best regards,
> Harri

William Moore
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street