[ome-users] Request for volunteers interested in integration with CellProfiler 2

Adam Fraser afraser at broadinstitute.org
Wed Feb 9 21:54:05 GMT 2011

Thanks to Josh for sending this out, I guess I'll chime in briefly.

First of all, this is a great opportunity for people who:

   - are using OMERO to organize and access your HCS data, and you would
   like an easier way to get your data into CellProfiler 2.0 for analysis.
   - are using CellProfiler for HCS image analysis and you'd benefit from a
   centralized data repository with easy-to-use tools for browsing and
   annotating your data.

I've been a software engineer working in Anne Carpenter's
group<http://www.broadinstitute.org/~anne/people.html> at
the Broad Institute in Cambridge, MA for the past 3 years. I'm currently
working to bridge the gap between OMERO and our current version of
CellProfiler <http://cellprofiler.org/>, but unfortunately I have yet to
find anyone who is using both tools or at least would like to. If this is
something that interests you (anyone!), I'd love to hear your thoughts and
ideas.

I'm currently getting started by porting the existing OMERO CP
modules<http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/OmeroCellProfiler>
from
CP1.0 to CP2.0. I've gotten the impression that this is something useful
that people have been meaning to do, but once again, I'd love to hear from
people with real use cases.

Thanks,
Adam Fraser