[ome-users] 16-Bit PNG Import

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Sun Nov 7 08:59:25 GMT 2010

Hi JT-

Thanks for your email. Indeed, the images available from OMERO.insight are various forms of 8-bit images. These are for display purposes.  However, the data is always on the server.

You can access the original data two ways. First, you can download the image as OME-TIFF using OMERO.insight. This will be a 16-bit TIFF with metadata attached. In the future, this will include any annotations you define within OMERO.  Alternatively, when you import the images, check the box for archiving original data. This saves a copy of the original file (your PNG) within OMERO, which you can then download with OMERO.insight.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Jason

Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression | University of Dundee | http://gre.lifesci.dundee.ac.uk/staff/jason_swedlow.html