[ome-users] omero web start without hang up

Bernhard Holländer bernhard.hollaender at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 08:22:40 BST 2010

Hi Bjoern!

Are you sure apache2 is running? In case your under Linux, check the
/var/log/apache2/access_log and error_log for messages when you point
your broswer to http://your-host. You must see some GET loging
statements in access_log otherwise there's something wrong with your
apache setup.

When I set up omeroweb under apache it did not work until I've copied
the custom_setttings.py to omero_dist/lib/python/omeroweb, somehow I
could not convince mod_python to include omero_dist/var/lib in
PYTHONPATH. However, this issue gave me an error message when I
accessed http://my-host/webadmin, so I knew apache/mod_python were
working but omeroweb had problems to load the custom_settings.py
file.

What port are you using in the configuration for omeroweb? You are
writing you can only access Omero.web when you've started omero web
via bin/omero web start, I wonder which url you are using, something
like http://localhost:8000/webadmin? Are you trying the same address
for accessing apache? Apache is listening on port 80 per default and
thus you'd only need http://localhost/webadmin or
http://your-host/webadmin. In case you've configured omero web to use
port 80, it might be the port is in use and apache can't start.

Hope that helps! Bernhard