[ome-users] OMERO 4.2.0 ports for clients?

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Jul 19 16:54:50 BST 2010

Hi Jerome-

Well, we should have been more up front with that change.

4064 is listed at:

http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/server/security

Yes, OMERO Java clients now use 4064.  Apologies for the confusion and
poor communication.

Cheers,

Jason

On 19 Jul 2010, at 16:31, Jerome Avondo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have I missed something or is OMERO always communicating to java
> clients (ie: insight) using port 4064 now?
>
> My server currently only has port 4063 accessible from the outside
> world. Which I believe was for the un-secured mode.
>
> Since 4.2.0 I can not seem to login via the java clients from the
> outside world. Even if I un-check the lock icon, ie: not using SSL,
> it just seems to want to always use 4064. Or is this just normal
> behaviour and I should add 4064 to my firewall rules?
>
> Thanks,
>
> J.

**************************
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street