[ome-users] OMERO 4.2.0 ports for clients?

Jerome Avondo jeromeavondo at msn.com
Mon Jul 19 16:31:29 BST 2010

Hi,

Have I missed something or is OMERO always communicating to java clients (ie: insight) using port 4064 now?

My server currently only has port 4063 accessible from the outside world. Which I believe was for the un-secured mode.

Since 4.2.0 I can not seem to login via the java clients from the outside world. Even if I un-check the lock icon, ie: not using SSL, it just seems to want to always use 4064. Or is this just normal behaviour and I should add 4064 to my firewall rules?

Thanks,

J.