[ome-users] Bugs and suggestion

Filipe Vilas-Boas filipevb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 17:38:54 GMT 2010

Hi,
I would like to point some "bugs" that I have encountered when using
the measurement tools recently and also to give some suggestions:

1 - When I merge ROIs the annotations are lost. If I only have an annotation
on one of the ROIs, why not keep it? For example, I mark 1 cell with an ROI
and write its name under the annotations. Then during the following
timepoints I label the same cell and merge everything, but the annotation of
th first ROI is lost. I suggest you make it stay there after merging.

2 - After I merge ROIs I can go to "intensity results view" and press "add
all". I have found a bug in this process that disorganizes all ROIs. If I
have a list of ROIs for timepoints 1,2,3,4,5,etc, then they will appear like
2,5,1,3,4. I always have to sort the data after I export it to excel...

3 - After I follow a cell in 3D throughout all those timepoints and it is
finally identified with ROIs, I would like to be able to make a movie
with images selected by the ROIs. For example, T=1 Z=3, T=2 Z=6, T=3 Z=4,
T=4 Z=5, T=5 Z=1 (this meaning that the cell goes up and down throughout
time). I know that I can go to each image and export it and then join
everything together in ImageJ, for instance, but if Omero could make a movie
using the list of the ROIs present in the Measurement Tool it would be
great!

Cheers,
Filipe Vilas-Boas