[ome-users] Newbee question bio-formats in Matlab

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Jan 19 01:40:04 GMT 2010

Hi Claudia,

(I'm moving this thread back to the ome-users list, in case anyone
else is interested)

> But when I run
> Matlab with the bfopen-command I get the following error:
>
> This feature requires Java 1.2 or greater
> ??? Attempt to reference field of non-structure array.
>
> Error in ==> javaclasspath>local_javapath at 134
>     jArray = jloader.getClassPath;

This is certainly a confusing error message!  After a little bit of
searching, it looks like this error message occurs in certain Matlab
versions with Java 1.6 - see this post on Mathworks' Matlab forum:

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/160076

If upgrading to a more recent version of Matlab is not an option, then
downgrading to Java 1.5 (using the same installation procedure as
before) should solve the problem.

Regards,
-Melissa