[ome-users] Release of OMERO Beta4.2.2

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Dec 6 19:27:42 GMT 2010

Dear All-

Today, The OME Consortium (http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/about/development-teams
), is proud to release OMERO-Beta4.2.2.

This is a point release, focussing on fixes for export, import, and
delete.

For full details of the OMERO Beta4.2.2 release, see:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/milestone/OMERO-Beta4.2.2
(our apologies for the messed up date-- it's from a bug in agilo)

The software is available at http://openmicroscopy.org

The full list of features in OMERO, including new features in the
OMERO Beta4.2.2, is at http://openmicroscopy.org/site/products/feature-list
Most features are accompanied by a short movie that shows that
functionality in action.

The OME Team is now hard at work on our next release, provisionally
titled OMERO Beta4.3.  We have a number of other features we will
expose (including extensions to the much talked about OMERO.fs) and
support for large images, as used in digital pathology.  For more
info, see:  http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/milestone/OMERO-Beta4.3

In collaboration with Urban Liebel at  Karlsruhe Institute of
Technology, we are providing demo accounts for OMERO.  Use the Demo
link at openmicroscopy.org to contact us if you are interested in this.

Our feedback system, OMERO.qa (http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk) is a
facility users and developers can use to log comments and exceptions.
OMERO.qa supports uploading of problematic data files, and tracking of

As always, thanks for your support.

Cheers,

Jason

**************************
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street