[ome-users] Query re the OMERO upgrade to OMERO 4.2.0 on a Mac server - images are completely dark

Will Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Aug 23 22:42:12 BST 2010

Hi Ron,

On 23 Aug 2010, at 22:30, Taylor, Ronald C wrote:

> Will,
>
> In case I wasn't clear in my earlier email, both the 4.1.1 and 4.2.0
> images should have been placed in the same directory. Omero.data.dir
> did not get changed, and we continued to use
>   /OMERO/Pixels
>
> for storage.
>
> That is, the var omero.data.dir was set to "/OMERO/" in the ../
> omero_dist/etc/omero.properties file in both releases.
>
> So - the 4.1.1 image files appear to be missing, I think, and the
> omero.data.dir setting is not the cause.

The Pixels files are numbered by ID - generally this is the same as
the Image ID, which you can see in Insight.
So, you should be able to see whether all your 4.1 pixel data is in /
OMERO/Pixels/

I can't imagine how or why it would be deleted by the upgrade.

Will.

> Ron

>>> bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/Postgres/bin:/
>>> Library/Java/Home/bin:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/
>>> Versions/Current/Commands:/Library/Ice/Versions/3.3.1/bin
>>>
>>> Environment:ICE_HOME=/Library/Ice/Versions/3.3.1
>>>
>>> Environment:LD_LIBRARY_PATH=(unset)
>>>
>>> Environment:DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Library/Frameworks/BerkeleyDB/
>>> Versions/4.6.21.NC/lib:/Library/Frameworks/expat/Versions/2.0.1/
>>> lib:/Library/PostgreSQL/Versions/8.3.11/lib:/Library/mcpp/Versions/
>>> 2.7.2/lib:/Library/Ice/Versions/3.3.1/lib:/Library/Frameworks/HDF5/