[ome-users] Web interface on ubuntu

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Fri Aug 13 19:14:15 BST 2010

Hi Bernard,

I've seen a similar problem, though on a different platform. It was due to a
> broken django cache. In omero_install_folder/lib/python/omeroweb/settings.py
> there is a django cache defined CACHE_BACKEND =
> 'file:///var/tmp/django_cache'. Delete that folder it will be recreated - at
> least that helped to solve my issues.

Thanks a lot; we had the same problem as well. After switching from the
Django-based web server to Apache, our web client stopped working because
/var/tmp/django_cache was owned by our omero Unix user rather than the
Apache user (on Ubuntu, www-data). Moving the folder out of the way allowed
the web client to create a new cache folder owned by www-data, and now
things are working.

Cheers,
Curtis