[ome-users] Session cache errors

John Wallach jmwallach at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 20:35:46 BST 2010

Greetings,

I am seeing error messages like the following:

2010-04-20 12:30:43,095 ERROR [
org.quartz.core.ErrorLogger] (r_Worker-3) Job (DEFAULT.updateCacheRun
threw an exception.
org.quartz.SchedulerException: Job threw an unhandled exception. [See
nested exception:
org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.JobMethodInvocationFailedException:
Invocation of method 'doUpdate' on target class [class
ome.services.sessions.state.SessionCache] failed; nested exception is
ome.conditions.InternalException: Could not update session cache.
All further attempts to access the server may fail.
Please contact your server administrator.]
        at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:214)
        at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)
* Nested Exception (Underlying Cause) ---------------
org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.JobMethodInvocationFailedException:
Invocation of method 'doUpdate' on target class [class
ome.services.sessions.state.SessionCache] failed; nested exception is
ome.conditions.InternalException: Could not update session cache.
All further attempts to access the server may fail.

2010-04-20 12:31:49,103 ERROR
[ome.services.sessions.state.SessionCache] (r_Worker-8) Error
synchronizing cache
ome.conditions.InternalException:  Wrapped Exception:
(org.postgresql.util.PSQLException):
An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.

in my indexer log. Everything appears to be working correctly from
userland though.  Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
jmw