[ome-users] feature request: Atomic plate import & rollback

Chris Allan callan at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Fri Apr 9 15:49:53 BST 2010

On 18 Mar 2010, at 17:26, <b.gerritsen at nki.nl> <b.gerritsen at nki.nl>
wrote:

> Hello all,

Hi Bram.

> Will OMERO Beta 4.2 have atomic imports and rollback for plates? If
> for example a plate import fails, then it would be great to be able
> to return (rollback) to the state where omero was before plate import.

This is to a large extent supported already in that consistent
metadata for an entire plate is written to the database before any
image data is uploaded. This is the case for all forms of import in
fact. There is no intention to change this in Beta 4.2 but we could
certainly delete the plate metadata if there was an error during image
data upload.

Under what conditions are you having a plate import fail?

> Kind Regards,
> Bram

-Chris