[ome-users] Cannot connect remotely to OMERO.server

Chris Allan callan at blackcat.ca
Wed Sep 23 18:36:36 BST 2009

Hi Javier,

What you are looking at largely applies to OMERO versions before 4.0.
So, I wouldn't worry at all about /etc/hosts. /etc/host.conf is also a
specific file that's related to name lookup so you are barking up the
wrong tree here I'm afraid.

I'm going to assume based on your previous e-mails that you have this
server running on Windows, yes? Have you tried disabling the Windows
firewall?

-Chris