[ome-users] Repository on share?

McCaughey, Michael J michael.j.mccaughey at Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon Nov 2 18:34:05 GMT 2009

I'm attempting to host an Omero4.1.0 server data repository on a cifs-mounted network share.  The share is owned by the same user that is running omero. On startup, the user runs with no logged errors related to the repository.  While I can create (empty) projects and datasets using both Omero.insight and Omero.importer, I cannot import files because the importer cannot find the available disk size. Attempts to view disk size in any client (.insight or WedAdmin) timeout. When the repository is on a local disk (same permissions/owner) it works fine.

Does anyone with experience running the repository on a share have some insight into this?

Thanks,
Mike

VUMC